Monday, 28 May 2007

Sick...

On Friday night, I vomited a number of times and had diarrhoea constantly in the middle of the night. Before that, I went to see a doctor, I could guess what he was going to say. Stomach flu was the cause of it. At the end of it, he charged my Dad $38 only. On a late Friday night, with a jab, consultation and some medicine? My Mom had the impression that the doctor thought that we were poor. The reason why? My Dad simply wore an old T-shirt and a pair of trousers without combing much of his hair. I also happen to tell the doctor that I've been eating Korean instant noodles for lunch for 3 days when he suspected that I've got food poisoning. Today, I'm a lot better, thanks to my dear parents who were like servants to me. I really felt sorry and helpless when I see them rushing over me, trying to make me feel better. There was once when my Dad had to clean up the vomit that I threw up in their bedroom. I really had no appetite and whenever I saw my siblings eating something so good (eg. Junk food) I moaned. The doctor specified that I shouldn't take dairy products and fried food. As to replace all the salt that I've lost through perspiration, I had to take H20, the soft drink. I thought he meant other things. My Dad also bought a drink with orange flavour similar to this and it was salty, sweet and bitter at the same time. Simply horrible, it tasted like cod liver oil with orange flavour. But I couldn't even finish my homework and discuss work with my dear friends. By the way, after vomiting and having diarrhoea plenty of times, and losing my appetite, I lost 3kg. Now, whenever I think of the Korean noodles, I feel like vomiting. I just pray that my Mom will recover speedily and everything will be better from now onwards. One last thing, PRAISE THE LORD for my recovery from stomach flu!

No comments:

Cursors by dorischu