Thursday, 6 January 2011

Even Though

God spoke to me through an sms and I'm really touched and encouraged by His words. Before, I was really scared, worried sick, going through a difficult time as I thought about my future life. I really want to go to a certain school. But I had thoughts like "What if God wants me to go elsewhere like another JC or poly? There are more people in other JCs and poly to reach out to unlike a certain school which is a Christian school. God could want me to reach out to others by placing me in an environment that is so different from my present school which is also a Christian school. He may also want me to become stronger in Him and be a good influence in a school which does not emphasize on Christian values." So I prayed, "Well, dear Lord, I could also be a godly influence in this school, not everyone in this school is a Christian, some Christians could just be Sunday Christians, this school is also the nearest JC, I'll be able to finish my work faster and then I can go to the Edge (Youth service) on Saturday! Even though I don't deserve to get good grades as I don't study that hard and that I am not righteous and sin over and over again for many things, I pray that God will forgive me and be merciful and give me grace as I approach the throne of grace now and allow me to get into this school and study in a good class with my good friends and to be able to take the subjects I want, and that it would also be His will too."


So anyways, the sms said this:
"Trust His ways, even though they may not be your ways.
Take His hand, even though it means letting go of what you're hanging onto.
Depend upon His strength, even though you're aware of your weakness.
Please His heart, even though it means not having the approval of others.
Wait for His time, even though you desire to do it now.
Obey His word, even though you hear different opinions.
Follow His path, even though it takes you through the valleys and hills.
Seek His wisdom, even though you don't understand everything He's doing.
Give Him praise, even though you wish things were different.
Be at rest, even though you're tempted to worry and fear."

At an alter call, God told me He loved me very very much. So I just got to trust and have faith in God that no matter what happens, whether I go to my desired school or not, wherever I go, God is always there for me. He wants the best for me no matter how unworthy I am of His love, grace, mercy. He never forsakes me. And I'm sure of that, even though it may not look good to me, God's purpose for me will be done as He wills because He knows what is best for me.

Of course I do still pray that I'll go to that desired school. =) But whatever it is, praise God and thank Him in all situations! GOD BLESS! May you encounter God every day and experience His miracles!

No comments:

Cursors by dorischu